my thoughts on how i do what i do

...and the why's and wherefore's of it all...

Friday, February 1, 2008

a moment in time...

i think that my prior experience as a teen mom will give me a little bit of an understanding of what my one informant is going through--and has gone through. when you make an error in judgement like that it tends to have a ripple effect...and this i think happens with more than the big whoopses in life...i think that a lot of adults forget that what they do has an impact on others, so it isn't surprising that as a young person the thought wouldn't occur to you.

another aspect of my past experience, is that i can see the before and after effect of rash decisions...and the difference in what was important as to what becomes important. i hope that i can use my past (and these girls are both aware of it) to aid in getting them to open up completely about their feelings on such important topics as boys, love, sex, family dynamics, friendships, and the larger world around them...until next time...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I thought your paper was very well written. I dont have a picture on my page but i am the redhead Sarah. I was very moved my your story and it touched my heart and made me want to hear the rest of your life story. Very well done see you in class